Paul Smith Earthmoving is an earthworks contractor specialising in excavation, demolition, drainage, construction, track and road maintenance, landscaping, rock supply, landfill management, trucking and transport works.
We have over 180 permanent staff based throughout our Timaru, Ashburton, Christchurch, Auckland and Greymouth offices. While based permanently in these locations, Paul Smith Earthmoving have also completed works throughout the South Island from project specific bases.
We have an extensive fleet of plant. This is maintained by an in-house team of mechanics based in our Washdyke workshop. Plant is monitored and managed using the state of the art ERoad system allowing real-time tracking through its GPS capability with integration to supplier fuel and tyre information.
While we have grown to be a large contractor with extensive management structures and systems, we have maintained our focus on the basics which underpinned the company’s successful growth. The owners of the business not only take responsibility as directors of the company, they are also actively involved in senior management positions thereby ensuring that the standards that have supported the success of the company are still enforced today.
While we embrace our history and integrate the successes of the past into our culture, we use this historic success as our foundation for continual improvement. This focus on delivering successful contract outcomes on our current works is fundamental to where we see the company going long-term.
This is illustrated through our Vision:
“To be recognised as the Premier Earthworks Contractor in the South Island”
We aim to achieve this goal through our delivery of innovative earthworks solutions through customer-driven staff and technically advanced plant to residential, commercial, governmental, farm and forestry clients.
Our delivery is through:
- Meeting customer expectations by delivering on price, quality and timeframe.
- Ensuring adequate and accurate pricing through experienced managers planning and implementing revenue strategies covering short and long timeframes.
- Experienced managers and supervisors operating under robust project management systems.
- Being operationally efficient with quality plant and skilled staff.
- Keeping high quality staff by providing a fulfilling work environment through having clearly defined and understood objectives with appropriate rewards.
- Continuously improving business performance through a culture of innovation with open and honest communication.
- Maximising business opportunities while minimising risk through appropriate governance and senior management policies.
And of course our values underpin all of this. Core values we embrace are:
- Customer Focus.
- Deliver / We Do What We Say.
- Safety and Environmentally Focussed.
Registered Head Office is at 55 Sheffield Street, Washdyke, Timaru with premises also in Christchurch, Ashburton, Greymouth and Auckland.